We are delighted that the Textile and Fibre Artists of Manitoba are coordinating and sponsoring the fibre art show at the Festival on September 9 & 10. Visit the TFAM website for Intent to Enter forms, due July 1st 2022.
Manitoba Fibre Festival Art Show
Entry now open!
~The occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way.
Have you experienced the phenomenon of finding something valuable that was not sought for?
A fortunate discovery that happens by accident?
A series of events which are not individually favourable, but occurring together, produce a wonderful outcome?
If so, then you have had an encounter with serendipity! Not quite a coincidence and a little different than luck, these happy accidents can stir up all kinds of emotions, memories and opportunities – the perfect inspiration for creating art.
This Art Show is open to all Manitobans, all members of TFAM and all exhibitors/vendors of the Manitoba Fibre Festival 2022.
Dimensions of the artwork:
- Height – minimum 12” – maximum 60″
- Width – minimum 12” – maximum 40″
- Thickness: no restrictions
- 3D artwork encouraged, but must be able to fit within the plinth top which is 12″ square.
- Each artist will be responsible for their own hanging device. The hooks have a very narrow slot, so we recommend cord or wire attached. The pieces must be ready to hang at drop-off time.
- If in any other format, the artist needs to provide a display method (i.e. floor standing mannequin)
- $20.00 artist fee per entry. You will receive an invoice from TFAM upon completion of the ‘Intent to Enter’ form.
- Maximum of 2 entries per artist.
- $100 minimum sale price if for sale. NFS always an option
Labels and Packaging:
- Ensure all artwork and packaging are clearly labelled with the artist name and artwork title.
- Each piece should be in a collapsible storage container or storage bag large enough to accommodate the art; labelled as above. These will be stored at the MB Fibre Festival during the duration of the show and used to return the art work.
- Artwork cards will be created to display beside each fibre art piece, so a 50-word maximum Artist Statement is required on the Entry form.
Important Dates to remember:
- Intent to Enter Now Open
- July 1, 2022 – Deadline for Intent to Enter
- August 1, 2022 – Entry deadline – Fill in Entry Form, including two high-quality images of your art work. On the Entry form you will be asked for an Artwork Title and Statement of maximum 50 words.
- August 13, 2022 – Jury process complete – notifications sent by email.
- August 22 – September 7: Artwork delivery deadline
- Artwork Delivery – Date and instructions will be sent to selected artists.
- September 10, 2022 – pick up artwork after 4:15 pm at the MB Fibre Festival site.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.