2019 Manitoba Fibre Festival
Fleece Competition Results:
- Spiritsands Shepherds, Carberry, MB – Coloured Longwool
- Spiritsands Shepherds, Carberry, MB – Fine Wool
Fine Wool – White
- 1st – Spiritsands Shepherds, Rambouillet
Coloured Fine Wool
- 1st – Spiritsands Shepherds, Romeldale
- 1st – Leah Bouchard, MB – East Friesen
- 1st – Cristel Lanthier, MB – Rideau Arcott
- 1st – Spiritsands Shepherds, Carberry, MB – Cotswold
- 1st – Spiritsands Shepherds, Carberry, MB – Wensleydale X
- 1st – Margaret Brook, Winnipeg, MB – Shetland
1st – Prairie Edge Wool Farm, Kleefeld, MB
Judge – Susie Gourlay, Regina, SK
Sponsor – CCWG Limited
Producers from across the country are invited to enter their fleeces for judging. Fleeces may also be sold through the silent auction which runs until 3:00 pm on Saturday September 14.
– MAIL IN: fleeces will be accepted by mail from August 15 to Friday September 6, 2019
Date: Friday September 13 5:00 pm to Saturday September 14 3:00 pm
Date: September 13, 2019
Location: Red River Exhibition Place
Judge: Susie Gourlay
Fleeces can be submitted for sale in the silent auction without being entered into the judging. The cost is $5 per fleece.
Wool Classes: (All classes include miscellaneous crossbred wools)
White Wool: 1 – Fine: ex) – Cormo, Polwarth, Rambouillet, Targhee
2 – Medium/Down ex) – Arcott, Cheviot, Corriedale, Dorset, Clun Forest, Suffolk
3 – Long: ex) – BFL, Cotswold, Lincoln, Romney,
Coloured Wool: 4- – Fine: ex) – Finn, Polwarth
5 – Medium/Down: – ex) Black Welsh, Columbia, Corriedale, Hampshire
6 – Long: ex) – Border Leicester, Coopworth, Gotland, Romney
7 – Double coated and dual coloured fleeces such as Jacob, Icelandic, Romanov, Soay or Shetland for example.
Angora Fibre: 10 – Fleeces from angora goats
Fleeces may be re-classed, in the best interest of the fleece, using the judge’s discretion.
Ribbons will be awarded to First, Second and Third place in each category.
Champions will be awarded for each class — White wools, Coloured Wools and Specialty wools. The highest overall scoring fleece will be awarded Supreme Champion.
Thank you to our sponsor, Canadian Co-operative Wool Growers Ltd for providing the prize money for the winning fleeces.
Champions will be awarded $50 each
Supreme Champion will be awarded $75